At the Forestry Club meeting on March 19, future Forestry Club events were planned. The following was discussed at the meeting:
- The Quincy Village Gardens are planned for 8:00 A.M. on Friday, April 11. This will involve delivering planting mix for the raised bed that we will make.
- The Oak Road clean-up will occur during finals week. Exact dates and times will be made at a later date.
- The stream planting along the commuter parking lot is hesitantly set for April 25 or 26 at 8:00 A.M. A soils test and confirmation of funds must be done first.
- On Thursday, March 27, there will be speeches on Joseph Rothrock, the founder of the Pennsylvania Forest Academy. It will be at 7:00 P.M. in the auditorium. More information will be given the week of the speeches.
- On April 26, there will be a tree planting at Wilson College in Chambersburg. This is an opportunity for the Penn State Mont Alto Forestry Club to have public exposure. We may be doing fundraising at this event.
- An interesting subject was brought up by the professors. On Forest Business Network website, one can sign up for emails concerning the forestry industry.
Thanks for all who attended the meeting. Thank you Coby for bringing the donuts. The next meeting is scheduled for April 16 at 8:00 A.M. in Wiestling.